Bulgaria offers great conditions for ski and snowboard holidays just an hour away from the capital. One of the ways to please your winter sport addiction is with a snowy day trip from Sofia to Borovets.
If you are a fan of ski and snowboard, you will like the next offer. I’ve partnered with my friends at Balkanity Travel to offer you an unforgettable winter experience in Borovets – a popular Bulgarian resort in Rila Mountains.
About the winter resort Borovets
Borovets is 73 km from the capital which makes it just an hour drive from Sofia. If you are staying in Plovdiv, it is 125 km away. Borovets has a great network of ski runs and lifts along the slopes of the Rila Mountains.
The resort is located at an altitude of 1350 m. Borovets has 58 km of marked slopes making it a great place for beginners as well as experienced ski or snowboard enthusiasts. There are 25 ski slopes: 7 green and 5 blue for beginners, and 9 red and 4 black ski slopes for advanced skiers and snowboarders (check Skiing and Snowboarding in Bulgaria by Sun and Sany travel blog).
Ski and snowboard day trip to Borovets
- Basic package – 105 euro per person
Includes English-speaking tour guide, transportation, all-access Borovets ski pass, hire of ski or snowboard, boots, poles, helmet
- Basic package + lessons – 125 euro per person
Includes English-speaking tour guide, transportation, half-day all-access Borovets ski pass, hire of ski or snowboard, boots, poles, helmet, 4 hrs of group ski lessons or 2 hrs of group snowboard lessons
- Additional equipment and services
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off – 6 euro per person
- Hire of gloves – 5 euro
- Hire of goggles – 5 euro
- Hire of pants – 5 euro
- Hire of jacket – 5 euro
- Purchase of a pair of long ski socks – 10 euro
For 5% discount for every package, mention “Travelling Buzz” when booking your trip.
7:00 – 7:20: Hotel pick-ups
7:20: Pick-up from the National Theater, Sofia
8:50: Getting all necessary gear and equipment
9:15: Start of the lessons or free time on the slopes. Lunch break.
9:15 – 16:00 : Having fun on the slopes.
16:00: Return of the gear and departure to Sofia
18:00: Arrival in Sofia, drop-off at your hotel or the National Theater
Additional day trip details
Here are some additional details you need to know:
- Booking in advance is required. Just drop us a line in the contacts section, at email@example.com or in Messenger.
- Payment can be processed via bank transfer, PayPal or in cash to the driver on the day of the trip (both euro or leva).
- Departure every day from December to April from the National Theater at 7:20 AM. Hotel pick-up and drop-off is offered at an additional cost of 6 EUR per person.
- Trip duration: 10 to 11 hours including transfers. Expected return in Sofia by 18:00 PM
- Transfers duration: 80 min per direction.
Contacts and booking
To get in touch with Balkanity Travel, you can message them on Facebook or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the trip here: Ski & Snowboard Day Trip from Sofia to Borovets Ski Resort