Are you going to be moving from one house to another soon? If you are going to be hiring a truck for the move, you want to be sure that you’re doing it right. There are quite a few things you will want to keep in mind when you choose a truck hire company.
1. Consider the Type of Truck You Need – First, check to see how much you have to move to help you determine whether you just need a pickup truck, or if you need a larger truck for moving.
2. Make Sure You Are Comfortable Driving the Truck – Driving a truck, especially a larger truck, is not the same as driving a car. You want to make sure that you are comfortable behind the wheel.
3. Pack Right, But Don’t Overload the Truck – You want to complete your move as quickly as possible, but you don’t want to run the risk of overloading the truck. Sometimes, making extra trips is a better option.
4. Consider Hiring the Truck for Longer – If you don’t think you can get the moving done in just one day, make sure you hire the truck for longer.
5. Get Extra Insurance for Your Belongings – Most of the time, the insurance coverage on the truck will not cover your personal property. You might find that you might want to buy your own coverage for those items during the move.
6. Consider Where You Can Take the Truck – What are the restrictions on how far you can drive the truck? Make sure you follow the rules in the company’s terms and conditions.
7. How Old Do You Need to Be? – Many companies require that you are at least 25 years old for the truck hire. Check the requirements long before moving day approaches
8. Consider Adding Another Driver to the Truck Hire – To make matters easier, or if you don’t feel comfortable driving, add another driver. This generally costs a bit extra.
9. Check the Rates – Always check the rates for the truck hire. Find a company that can offer reasonable rates.
10. Check the Safety Features – Make sure the truck has all of the standard safety features, such as large mirrors, reversing beepers, etc.
When you need a truck hire to help you with your next move, choose the right company for your rental.