Bulgaria offers great conditions for ski and snowboard holidays just an hour away from the capital. One of the ways to please your winter sport addiction is with a snowy day trip from Sofia to Borovets.
If you are a fan of ski and snowboard, you will like the next offer. I’ve partnered with my friends at Balkanity Travel to offer you an unforgettable winter experience in Borovets – a popular Bulgarian resort in Rila Mountains.
About the winter resort Borovets
Borovets is 73 km from the capital which makes it just an hour drive from Sofia. If you are staying in Plovdiv, it is 125 km away. Borovets has a great network of ski runs and lifts along the slopes of the Rila Mountains.
The resort is located at an altitude of 1350 m. Borovets has 58 km of marked slopes making it a great place for beginners as well as experienced ski or snowboard enthusiasts. There are 25 ski slopes: 7 green and 5 blue for beginners, and 9 red and 4 black ski slopes for advanced skiers and snowboarders (check Skiing and Snowboarding in Bulgaria by Sun and Sany travel blog).
Ski and snowboard day trip to Borovets
Balkanity Travel is a travel company specialized in adventure and culture tours, day trips and transfers throughout Bulgaria and the Balkans. The latest experience they offer is a ski and snowboard day trip from Sofia to Borovets with the following packages:
- Bus and Lift – €69
This package includes return transfer from Sofia and all access lift pass in Borovets. It is the best choice for people with their own equipment.
- Bus, Lift and Rental – €89
You get: return transfer from Sofia to Borovets, all access lift pass, rented ski or snowboard + poles, boots and helmet. All you need to have is your own clothes.
- Bus, Lift, Rental and Clothes – €109
You get: return transfer from Sofia to Borovets, all access lift pass, rented ski or snowboard + poles, boots and helmet, clothes (jacket, pants, goggles, gloves).
- Bus, Lift, Full rental and Lessons – €129
You get ski & snowboard lessons with professional instructor, plus : return transfer from Sofia to Borovets, all access lift pass, rented ski or snowboard + poles, boots and helmet, clothes (jacket, pants, goggles, gloves). Perfect for absolute beginners.
>> For 5% discount for every package, mention “Travelling Buzz” when booking your trip.
Additional day trip details
The ski & snowboard day trip to Borovets has been made to serve visitors of Bulgaria the best way possible. Here are some additional details you need to know:
- Booking in advance is required.
- Departure is every day at 7:30 am from National Theater – from December till March 2018.
- Hotel pick-up, drop-off – additional price 6 EUR per person.
- Minimum 2 people are required to run the tour.
- Trip duration: 11 hours including transfers. Return in Sofia is around 18:30.
- Transfer takes 80 minutes per direction.
- Additional nights can be added to the package on request.
Contacts and booking
To get in touch with Balkanity Travel, you can message them on Facebook or at [email protected]. Learn more about the trip here: https://www.balkanity.com/borovets-ski-snowboard-day-trip.
For 5% discount from the price, mention “Travelling Buzz” when booking or refer this article.
- Day trip from Sofia to Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa (+discount)
- Shuttle Bus from Sofia to Rila Monastery and Boyana Church (+discount)
- 10 Cool things to do in Sofia this winter
For more travel tips follow Travelling Buzz on Facebook!