In this interview, you’ll learn more about Aurelia – another passionate traveller, sharing her adventures in her blog – Daily Travel Pill.
I met Aurelia a few years ago in Slovenia, when I invited her to visit BIG BERRY Lifestyle Resort. Read more and take notes:
1. Introduce yourself & your blog
Hi, I am Aura. I am a traveller, somebody who loves exploring new places. I am always in search of new tastes, incredible cultures and breathtaking landscapes. For the past year, I’ve been travelling full time around Asia in search of new experiences.
I’ve grown a lot, I’ve challenged myself and I’m happy to share all my experiences on my blog.
Daily Travel Pill originally started as an Instagram page but over the years I felt the need to share more than just pictures. I wanted to tell stories, to help people travel smarter and better. This is how my blog was born.
I want my blog to be a trusted source of travel guides, this is why I only write about the places I have visited.
2. What lessons did you learn from your travel blogging experience over the last years?
1) Travel blogging is about passion
Nowadays, with the rise of social media, many people think that travel blogging is only about getting complimentary hotel stays or press trips. For me, travel blogging is not about getting free things. For me, it’s a lifestyle.
I blog because I love it, because it brings me joy and a sense of accomplishment regardless of any financial benefit. I believe that in order to succeed as a travel blogger, one must be extremely passionate.
2) Travel blogging takes time
There is no such thing as overnight success. In order to be a successful travel blogger, you have to put in the work. It might take one year or five. Don’t get discouraged. Be perseverant and you will achieve your goals.
3) Travel blogging is all about learning continuously and tirelessly
Be prepared to face lots of challenges and learn every day. The more you learn about SEO, mailing lists or creating your own products, the more you realize that there is still so much to learn about. Travel blogging is all about pushing yourself to experiment and learn.
3. Share your top 3 tips for new travel bloggers/influencers?
1) Be patient and never give up. Set your goals and even if it seems that they are impossible to achieve, keep pushing.
2) Find your unique style. You need that sparkle which makes you stand out in the sea of travel bloggers and influencers.
3) Create stunning visuals. Make sure that your photos are jaw-dropping. Make sure that your blog has a clean, beautiful and user-friendly layout. Travel is about inspiring others and you can only achieve this if your photos and blog layout are flawless.
4. What are your favourite tools you use all the time?
1) Keysearch. Keysearch for blogging is like air for humans. You don’t want to put your effort and energy into writing articles that no one will ever read. Keysearch is an amazing tool that helps you research for keywords which actually have a good chance to rank on Google.
2) Lightroom. I’ve been using Lightroom for the past few years and it is my go-to-tool for editing photos. I’ve create my own editing style, my own presets (you can get my 14 free presets here) and I use them for both my blog and Instagram.
3) Tailwind. Pinterest is a new field for me. I’ve never used it until a few months ago when I decided to give it a try. I’ve invested in Tailwind, a scheduling tool for Pinterest and guess what? My Pinterest traffic more than doubled. I just love it.
5. What’s next for you and your blog?
I feel like I have so many plans but so little time. This year I plan to post an interview with a local from each country I visit. I believe that this is a great way to share with my readers interesting facts and perspectives from around the world.
Also, I’ve decide to focus more on my YouTube and blog and less on Instagram. There are many reasons that made me take this decision and you can read some of them here. I will use my YouTube account to share Lightroom tutorials. As a first step, I am planning to post one video every two weeks. On my blog, I will continue to post travel related content.
Overall, I feel like my blog is my top priority right now and I plan to invest a lot of time and effort in it this year so stay tuned!
Know an inspiring blogger? Share in the comments below and we’ll try to feature them.